In 1921 Huber Funeral Home was formed when Ivo J. Huber, with the help of his father Henry Huber, began his career as a licensed embalmer and funeral director in Perry County, Indiana. Huber and Son started offering services to the residents of this area. In 1922 Ivo opened the first exclusive funeral home in Perry County in a small building on Washington Street in Cannelton. It was in 1929 that the business was moved to the new and present location on Sixth Street in Cannelton. Ivo and his wife, Ruth (Begert) Huber owned and operated the business for over fifty years. In 1967 Ivo's nephew, Tom Huber, served his apprenticeship with his uncle and became the third generation to work in the funeral business. In 1972 Tom, along with his wife, the former Jane Peter of Tell City, purchased the business upon Ivo's retirement. In 1976, due to the retirement of Cannelton funeral director, Glenn Gentry, the Hubers bought that business, located at 5th and Adams Street and later sold the building to the Perry County Council on Aging for a senior center.